Border Security Force (BSF) released a notification about the recruitment of Head Constable in BSF for 10th pass, ITI, and 12th pass candidates. Qualification criteria, important dates, official notification and application procedure details available below.
If you are interested and wanted to apply for the vacancy please first read complete details and official notification of the recruitment carefully.
Constable Recruitment in BSF
The Border Security Force known as BSF is a primary border defense organization of India. It is one of the seven Central Armed Police Forces. It is a Union Government Agency under the administrative control of Ministry of Home Affairs.
If you have the ambition to join the Indian army or BSF, this is your opportunity to complete your ambition and dream. All essential details related to the BSF Head Constable Recruitment are given below.
|No. of Vacancies||1072 Posts|
|Qualification||10th, ITI, 12th|
|Salary||₹ 25,500 – ₹ 81,100/- PM|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date to Apply||12/06/2019|
Brief Vacancy Details
There are two categories in the BSF Head Constable Recruitment. Brief details about those categories are given in the table given below.
|Post Category||Total Vacancy|
|Head Constable (Radio Operator)||300|
|Head Constable (Radio Mechanic)||772|
Educational Qualification criteria for the Recruitment
All the educational/academic qualification details needed for the position of Head Constable (RO) and Head Constable (RM) are as follows.
Head Constable (Radio Operator)
- Matriculation (10th pass) or equivalent from a recognized Board.
- Two years Industrial Training Institute Certificate (ITI) in Radio and Television or, Electronics or, Computer Operator and Programming Assistant or, Data Preparation and Computer Software or, General Electronics or, Data Entry Operator from a recognized Institute.
- Pass in Intermediate or 12th Standard or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from a recognized Board or University or Institution (as a regular student with aggregate 60% marks in PCM subject).
Head Constable (Radio Mechanic)
- Matriculation (10th pass) or equivalent from a recognized Board.
- Two years Industrial Training Institute Certificate (ITI) in Radio and Television or, General Electronics or, Computer Operator and Programming Assistant or, Data Preparation and Computer Software or, Electrician or, Fitter or, Info Technology and Electronics System Maintenance or, Common Equipment Maintenance or, Computer Hardware or, Network Technician or, Mechatronics or, Data Entry Operator from a recognized Institute.
- Pass in Intermediate or 12th standard or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from a recognized Board or University or Institution (as a regular student with aggregate 60% marks in PCM subject).
Physical Standards for the Recruitment
Physical standards that candidate (Male and Female) needed to have as the following given. It is based on the official notification.
|Standard||For Male Candidates||For Female Candidates|
|Height||168 Cms||157 Cms|
|Chest||80 Cms (85 Cms after expansion)||Not applicable|
|Weight||Corresponding to Height and Age||Corresponding to Height and Age|
Note 1.- The minimum height of Male candidates falling in category of Garhwalies, Kumaonese, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, and candidates belonging to the states of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Kashmir and Leh and Ladakh regions of J&K will be 165 Cms. The height for all candidates belonging to ST/Adivasis or Tribals including Mizos and Nagas will be 162.5 Cms.
Note 2.- The minimum standard so far it relates to chest measurement may be relaxed from 80 Cms (unexpanded) and 85 Cms (expanded) to 76 Cms (Unexpanded) and 81 Cms (expanded) respectively for Adivasis or Tribals.
Note 3.- The minimum height of female candidates falling in categories of Garhwall’s, Kumaonse, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, and candidates belonging to the states of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, and Leh and Ladakh regions of J&K will be 155 Cms. The height for all candidates belonging to ST/ Adivasis or Tribals including Mizos and Nagas will be 154 Cms.
Medical Standards for the Recruitment
Medical standards are also based on the information given officially. Details given for Medical standards below are for both male and female candidates
- The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of both eyes without correction (i.e. without wearing glasses).
- The Candidate Must pass a high-grade color vision test.
- Candidate Must not have knock-knees, flat feet or varicose vein or sequin in eyes and they should possess CP-III BY ISIHARA.
- Must be in sound mental and bodily health and free from any defect/deformity likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
Age Limit Criteria for the Recruitment
Age limit criteria details given below are based on the official notification. Maximum age limit suitable for candidates are given in the below table, the minimum age limit is 18 years for all category candidates.
|Category||Age Limit Criteria|
Application Fee for the Recruitment
Application fee details are given below by cast category-wise. Only online payment excepted. Payment can be made through Net-Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card/ BHIM Pay. Please read the complete given details carefully
|SC/ST||No fee required|
|Female Candidate (all Category)||No fee required|
|BSF Serving Personnel||No fee required|
Important Dates Scheduled for the Recruitment
Details about some essential dates scheduled for the recruitment of head constable in BSF that candidates have to know. Please read given details carefully to know more.
|Starting Date to Apply||14/05/2019|
|Last Date to Apply||12/06/2019|
|OMR Based Screening Test||28/07/2019|
|PST, PET & Documentation||09/10/2019 (Onwards)|
|Descriptive Written Test||24/11/2019|
|Final Medical Examination||30/01/2019 (Onwards)|
How to Apply for the Recruitment
Here are given some instruction to the candidates to help them applying for the recruitment and filling the application form. Please read all the given details carefully before applying for the post. We advise you to read all the details given in the official notification at least once.
- Interested and eligible candidate can apply for the position of the Head Constable (RO) and Head Constable (RM) through the online application (link given in the table below).
- Candidates are advised to read the entire instructions and details available on the BSF recruitment portal before filling up the online application.
- Candidates are advised to use their own mobile number, and valid and active e-mail id while applying online and keep them active for the entire duration of recruitment.
- Original and self-attested photocopies of educational qualification and date of birth. Three recent passport size photographs, dully self-attested.
- First phase qualified candidates, along with issued admit cards, any valid photo identity card (viz. Passport, Aadhar Card, Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC), PAN Card, I/card issued by school/college having srl no, other ID cards issued by the state/central govt. driving license or nationalize bank passbook with the photograph) and their original certificates will report to Benue of recruitment center on the given date.
- SC/ST & OBC candidates must furnish a self-attested copy of “Valid Caste certificate”, issued by the Competent Authority not below the rank of Tehsildar as per prescribed format enclosed as Appendix “C & C-I”(OBC) and Appx-“D” (SC & ST) and failing which their application will not be entertained.
- EWS candidates must furnish a self-attested copy of Income and Asset Certificate issued by the competent authority, not below the rank of Tehsildar as per prescribed format enclosed as Annexure — III.
- Self-attested copy of Domicile certificate issued by Sub-Divisional level Revenue Officer or its equivalent as optified by the State Government for claiming relaxation in the physical standard.
- Copy of certificates in support of the claim of Hill area candidate/Adivasis/Tribals for Relaxation in height or chest as prescribed for such candidates asperAppx-‘E’.
- Copy of discharge certificate in respect of Ex-servicemen.
- Two self-addressed envelopes of 25×12 cms size with the full postal address of candidate neatly written on the envelope in Capital letters duly affixed with stamps of Rs. 27/- on each.
- Persons serving in Govt/Semi Govt/ Govt undertaking should apply through proper channel for obtaining a copy of ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their present employer.
- Candidates are not permitted to use Mobile Phone, Calculator or any other electronic/electric device for answering any paper (Test Booklets). Candidates must not, therefore, bring Mobile Phone, Calculator or any other electronic/electrical device inside the Examination premises. Possession of these items, whether in use or not, will be considered as “use of unfair means” in the Examination and candidature of such candidates will be canceled.
- The posts have All India liability, and selected candidates can be posted anywhere in India and even abroad. On appointment, the candidates shall be governed by the BSF Act and Rules. Applications from eligible candidates will be accepted through Online Mode Only. No Other Mode for Submission of application is allowed. Online Application Mode Will be opened 14/05/2019 at 01.00 am and will be Closed on 12/06/2019 at 11.59 pm.
- Eligible candidates will be allotted a Roll Number on the Admission Card, which will be issued to them online as a token of acknowledgment of their applications.
- This Admission Card will be the authority for reporting at the Recruitment Center for the Written [Physical and other tests etc. Hence candidates are to keep safe their admit card till finalization of the recruitment process. In case candidates do not find Admit card online before 05 days from the date of examination they should contact the center personally or telephonically where they have sent the application Candidates should quote their name and Roll Number allotted to them for all future correspondence.
- Only those candidates, who are citizens of India and willing to serve anywhere in India or Abroad, need to apply. No request for change of the Recruitment Center at any stage shall be entertained.
- The candidates shall make their own arrangements for boarding and lodging during the period of test/medical examination, which may take 4-5 days or more. No T.A./D.A. will be admissible for the above purpose.
- The decision of the Selection Board, with regard to the matters connected with this recruitment, will be final. Candidates are required to produce original certificate of education, age, caste. Sports and domicile etc to the Selection Board at the time of Recruitment.
Selection Procedure for the Recruitment
Written Test- OMR Based Screening Test (28-July-2019).
- PST, PET, and Documentation (09-October-2019 Onwards).
- Descriptive Written Test (24-November-2019).
Final Medical Examination (30-January-2019).
|Apply||Click Here | Click Here|
|Official Notification||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|