Here you can know about computer and its function, blog diagram of the computer that defined in a very simple and basic way in the post to you. It is easy to understand blog diagram of the computer through the images and easy language and basic information that is given in the post for you to understand it better. Keep reading to know more and complete about the block diagram of the computer and how it works.
What is a computer?
A Computer is a device that can be instructed to carry out sequences of arithmetic or logical operations automatically via computer programming. In simple terms, a computer is an electronic device for storing and processing data, typically in binary form, according to instructions given to it in a variable program. A computer performs basically five major computer functions as given in the below Fig. you can understand block diagram of a computer through this blog diagram images
As you see in the above fig. there are five (5) major functions performed by a computer. They are:
- It accepts data (instructions through input)
- It stores data
- It can process required data by the user
- It gives results as production
- It controls all functions inside the computer
Block diagram of a computer
Block diagram of a computer gives a pictorial representation of a computer that how it works. A computer system has many numbers of parts, a computer system can be blocked into mainly three parts:
- Input Unit
- Central Processing Unit
- Output Unit
You can understand this process through this image:
Now we discuss below each of functions of a computer and about block diagram.
About Block Diagram
Simple Description of computer working. Here are given computer operations:
1. Input Unit
Input unit consists of devices (i.e. Mouse, Keyboard, joystick) used to transmit information/data from user (external world) to the computer system.
- Function of the Input Unit:
- It converts inputted data into the binary codes.
- It conveys/sends data to the main memory of the computer
2. Central Processing Unit (CPU)
CPU is called the brain of a computer. Control Unit (CU) and Arithmetic & Logic Unit (ALU) combined called as Central Processing Unit (CPU).
CPU, electronic circuitry that carries out the instruction given by a computer program or we can say/define it in a simple and easy way that all major calculation and comparisons are made inside the CPU.
- We can subclassify CPU into three parts:
- Control Unit (CU) – The Control Unit manages the various components of the computer. It also controls all devices, memory, input-output devices connected to the CPU. It co-ordinates input-output memory and all other units as well. CU fetches instructions from memory, decodes it and then interprets the instruction to know the order of the task that to be performed and send suitable control signals to the other components to perform for the steps to executes the instruction.
- Arithmetic & Logic Unit (ALU) – ALU performs all arthmetic operations such as addition (+), substraction (-), multiplication (*), and division (/) and logical oprations for comparison such as >, <, =, =<, <=, etc.
- Memory Unit (MU) – Memory Unit is used to store data and instructions before and after processing, in a simple way we can say that it is where all the data intermediate and find results are stored. Memory Unit used to hold the instructions to be executed and data to be processed.
- Function of the CPU:
- It controls all the parts and software and data flow of the computer.
- It performs all operations.
- It accepts data from the input device
- It sends information to the output device.
- Executing programs stored in memory.
- It stores data either temporarily or permanent basis.
- It performs logical and arithmetical operations.
3. Output Unit
Output Unit is the process of producing results from the data. An output unit is a unit that constituents a number of the output device, in a simple term an output device is used to show the result of processing.
- Function of Output Unit:
- It accepts data or information sends/conveyed from the main memory of the computer.
- It converts binary coded information into HLL or inputted languages (in language that human can understand)
Hence! we study above about block diagram of the computer and its functions/ operations in simple and easy statements. If you’re looking for more such contents please let us know your subject, we will bring it on our site for you.